Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My little cheerleader!

Haven started competitive cheerleading with Wildfire Gym back in August, and she loves it! She does such a wonderful job, it is so fun to watch her practice with her team at the gym, and I am such a proud mama when she runs out on the floor to do her thing and perform with Team Shimmer! The other day we were heading out to tumbling (at the same gym as cheer) and she said "I have to always go to cheer practice mom, because my team needs me!" She is such a little sweetie. The last competition we participated in was in Sioux Falls, Haven made her debut with a few other members of her team in the local newspaper!
My little lady is on the right. :)
Here is a shot the morning of the performance, when we were getting ready to leave the hotel.
 She just LOVES getting her pretty glittery cheer makeup up, and putting the star sticker on her face!

 Some of the best pictures we have are from her very first (exhibition) performance in Brookings, back in November at Ignite The Fire. Thanks to my mom's friend/co-worker Amy, we got some pretty awesome shots!
Waiting (with her friends Rylee & Logan) to go on stage!
Ready to go..


Haven is a "flyer" for her team, so she gets to do the stunts! You can't see her, but she is standing on another girls back. :)
Mom, Haven & Meemee after Team Shimmer performed.

I can't say enough how proud I am of my little girl. She jumps right in at cheer practice and does her thing with her team. She has no hesitation walking out on the floor to perform with her team during competitions, in front of hundreds of people. She never complains, is always happy to get up and get ready and do what she needs to do! I am just so proud of that little lady. :) Sometimes it is SO crazy to me that she is already three years old. People always told me to cherish every day when they are little, because they grow so fast. I always kind of brushed it off, and thought, "well, of course I will..." but little did I know how truly FAST time does go by!! Sometimes it hurts my heart that she is growing up so quickly, & I miss her as a little tiny baby. But at the same time, I am SO grateful she is healthy, happy, growing & learning like she should be. And amid all the sassiness, attitude, tantrums, and other 3 year old things that aren't always so pleasant, I absolutely love her at this age. I wish I could freeze time for a little while!! My sweet Havey bug is my best buddy and I do not know how I ever lived my life without her!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Counter

Thanks For Coming!
hit counter
hit counter